As of September 22, 2021
Funeral services, ceremonies, visitations, receptions and social gatherings held at funeral establishments or places of worship are exempt from the Government of Ontario’s Vaccine Passport program, which comes into effect Sept. 22.
Funeral services conducted in any indoor setting, limited to the actual funeral rites or ceremonies are exempt, if there is not an associated social gathering or reception. These settings can include any meeting or event space, conference centre, or convention centre.
Proof of vaccination requirements do apply if social gatherings or receptions associated with a funeral service or ceremony are held in a meeting or event space, conference centre, or convention centre.
What you can expect when you come to our facility
- Gathering limits are ever changing. Please speak with one of our funeral directors for the most up to date information.
- Masks are mandatory at our facility and throughout all services provided. Guests may provide their own, or we can provide one for them.
- Your name and phone number will be taken upon arrival for tracing purposes (one per household).
- Hand sanitizer is located at the entrance upon check-in and throughout our facility.
- Guests are reminded to refrain from physical contact with family outside their household.
- Social distancing of 2m or 6ft will be maintained at all times (except for those from the same household).
- Enhanced floor decals throughout our facility denote social distancing areas where ‘We Stand Together, But Not Too Close’.
- Donations may be made as guests exit our facility. Procedures and a donation box for cash and cheques have been established. Please note no change will be provided.
- For each chapel service a list of confirmed attendees will be required. Maximum outlined capacities for our Perth and Smiths Falls Chapels will be reviewed with each family.
- The chapel will have assigned seating to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Once the service has concluded, please exit the chapel in the groups you have been seated with, respecting social distancing protocols.
- For outdoor ceremonies please see one of our funeral directors for the most up to date gathering limits.
- Social distancing will remain in place. Please stay with your household units and continue to wear your face coverings throughout the ceremonies.
- For indoor and outdoor receptions, social distancing will be maintained at all times. Masks must be worn unless seated with family from your household. Individual boxed offerings and beverages will be offered, following all guidelines set out by our local health unit.
Thank you to all of the families and communities we are privileged to serve, our thoughts are with you.
The Blair Family Blair & Son Funeral Directors Inc. Perth and Smiths Falls